|Summer Camp Coach|
Company: Ascendigo Autism Services
Location: Carbondale, CO
Employment Type: Temporary
Date Posted: 02/01/2023
Expire Date: 04/01/2023
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Summer Camp Coach|
Destination Ascendigo: Ascendigo’s mission is to elevate the spectrum by empowering people, inspiring lives and shattering expectations. We apply this mission to both the people we serve, such as our participants and clients, and the people with whom we serve, such as our co-workers and other stakeholders.
Ascendigo is a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of children and adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) through therapeutic recreation, employment, community integration, education and an array of behavioral health services. We are headquartered in Carbondale, CO. Currently, Ascendigo employs more than 50 full- and part-time year-round staff members and approximately 30 additional employees during our seasonal summer camp programming.
The Ascendigo Promise to our employees is to provide meaning and purpose in the work we do and a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.. We support high performance through thoughtful on-boarding and training, and acting with integrity. We offer 360° compensation with a path to financial security, personal well-being and fulfillment, and housing assistance.
Core Responsibilities: Ascendigo Coaches are our version of camp counselors, but with a focus on supporting and advocating for our participants on the autism spectrum. Each week coaches will be paired 1:1 with a camper that is a good fit for their personality, coaching style, and skill set. Coaches help our participants with daily living and social skills and facilitate participation in therapeutic recreation. Coaches will work on a rotating schedule of day shifts, evening shifts, and occasional weekend shifts throughout the summer. During the evenings, interns will encourage social interaction and participation in group activities on and off campus. Interns will assist campers in morning/nighttime routines and hygiene as needed.
· Work directly with campers who have challenging behaviors which may include physical aggression towards others.
· Help campers formulate and work towards sports goals throughout the week.
· Assist the sports specialists with teaching progressions for sports such as: rock climbing, paddle boarding, kayaking, horse-back riding, biking, and wake sports.
· Work in an outdoor environment that requires situational awareness and quick thinking.
· Assist campers with hygiene such as toileting, bathing, and other daily living skills.
· Oversee camper well-being and safety in an outdoor camp setting.
· Communicate with caregivers and staff effectively.
· Collect data on all client’s goal areas and data points throughout a session
· Work positively as a team with all Ascendigo staff members
· Attend client and staff meetings and trainings as necessary
· Communicate with caregivers and staff effectively
Must have a clean background check with no felonies or flags
Must provide a current CPR/First Aid certification.
Should have at least a high school diploma.
Applicants are required to have and use their own phone for work duties.
Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, social media)
Must be able to lift and move heavy objects (up to 25 pounds)
Contact Name: Kayla Holthouse
Company Name: Ascendigo Autism Services
Contact Email: email@example.com
Our mission is to elevate the spectrum by empowering people, inspiring lives and shattering expectations.