|Assistant Director, Sports Nutrition|
Company: University of Iowa Athletics
Location: Iowa City , IA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/04/2022
Expire Date: 12/04/2022
Job Categories: Sports and Recreation
Assistant Director, Sports Nutrition|
The University of Iowa Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
Assistant Director, Sports Nutrition
Classification Title/Code: Support Services Specialist – PVD1-3A
Working Title: Assistant Director, Sports Nutrition
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Staff Type: Professional & Scientific
Type of Position: Regular 100% time; Probationary; FLSA Exempt
Pay Level: 3A
Salary Range: $40,000 to $55,000
Apply By: October 17, 2022
The University of Iowa Department of Athletics seeks a self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the knowledge, ability and interpersonal skills required to serve as Assistant Director, Sports Nutrition. This is a full-time position with a salary range of $40,000 to $55,000 commensurate with education and experience and includes full University benefits.
The Assistant Director, Sports Nutrition for Athletics is responsible for assisting the Director of Sports Nutrition with developing, coordinating, and administering comprehensive evidence-based nutrition services to student-athletes as a member of a multidisciplinary sports medicine and sport performance teams, including providing comprehensive, sport-specific performance nutrition counseling and individual, small group and team nutrition education for student-athletes and coaches.
The University of Iowa is a NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Big Ten Conference. The Department of Athletics manages 22 varsity sports programs and related events with a workforce of approximately 215 regular employees and 300 temporary employees. Athletics is a people-centric organization that operates under a “Win. Graduate. Do It Right.” philosophy. For more information regarding Athletics, please click here.
Benefits Highlights: Excellent fringe benefit package including paid vacation and sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. The University of Iowa is a Big Ten, nationally ranked research university with 30,000 students located in Iowa City. A vibrant community boasting excellent public schools, safe, comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, a highly educated population, and numerous cultural, recreational and sporting opportunities and events contribute to the Iowa City area frequently appearing high on the best-places-to-live listings. Go to “Working at Iowa” to learn more.
• Bachelor Degree (or international equivalent) in Dietetics/Nutrition or other related field;
• Registered Dietitian (RD) required. (Must obtain licensure in the State of Iowa within three months of hired);
• Six months to one year of professional sports nutrition experience in a collegiate, professional, or Olympic athletics setting;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to adapt communication styles in order to best communicate with individual or team;
• Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse environment with vendors, sports administration, coaches, sports medical/ sports performance teams, student-athletes, and other allied health or administrative professionals;
• A valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet and maintain University of Iowa Driving Policy standards;
• Working knowledge of and ability to:
o Utilize basic office support software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and programs to create education materials, e.g. Visme or Canva;
o Operate effectively within a highly regulated team environment.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of the professionalism and intensity necessary to successfully contribute to a Division I athletics program;
• Some experience working in food service and clinical nutrition settings.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of food safety guidelines and general health code regarding food.
Visit our website at https://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for keyword “sports nutrition”. Only applications submitted at https://jobs.uiowa.edu will be accepted.
Applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a relevant file to the submission. Applications without both a cover letter and resume will be considered incomplete and ineligible for consideration.
• Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
• The successful candidate will be subject to a credential and criminal background check, and a driving record review.
• Five professional references will be required at a later step in the recruitment process.
For questions or additional information, please contact email@example.com
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, associational preferences, or any other classification that deprives the person of consideration as an individual.
Company Name: University of Iowa Athletics