|Assistant Director of Enrollment Outreach - One Stop Student Services|
Company: University of Tennessee
Location: Knoxville, TN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/11/2022
Expire Date: 10/11/2022
Job Categories: Education
Assistant Director of Enrollment Outreach - One Stop Student Services|
The Office of One Stop Student Services at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UTK) invites applications and nominations for our Assistant Director of Enrollment Outreach position. We are seeking candidates who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
This is an on-campus position with some hybrid/remote work schedule flexibility.
This position is part of the centralized team within One Stop Student Services that provides a student-focused approach to an exceptional and seamless service experience supporting student success and institutional goals of recruitment, retention, and graduation. This position serves as the project manager for systems, technology, customer relationship management software, website, and technology-based special projects. They further work as the liaison for the implementation and coordination for all strategic communications on behalf of One Stop Student Services with the Office of Enrollment Management Communications. Further, they oversee all outreach initiatives to the campus and community (e.g., recruitment events and programs, class presentations, etc.). This position serves as a member of the One Stop leadership team. This position will provide elevated assistance to students and families regarding One Stop services as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
● 1+ years of experience training others (students, staff, etc.)
● 1+ years of experience working with complex communications plans
● 1+ years of experience working with technology and project management
● 5+ years of experience in customer service related field
Preferred Education and Experience:
● Experience in higher education, specifically areas of enrollment, admissions, financial aid, registrar, and bursar/student accounts
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Exceptional customer service skills and knowledge of basic service etiquette
● Exceptional oral and written communication skills; public speaking skills
● Ability to write clearly, concisely, and correctly
● Ability to engage and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
● Ability to work as a team member
● Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions; responsible for decisions
● Ability to attend meetings, events, functions on and off campus and work weekends and evenings as required
● Ability to meet expectations in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer-oriented environment
● Highly motivated, focused, and results-oriented
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Knowledge of higher education, enrollment services, and student development
● Knowledge of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, including institutional and unit policies, procedures, and processes
Company Name: University of Tennessee
UT is the state’s flagship research institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. Enrolling more than 30,000 students, the campus is in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in beautiful East Tennessee. As a land-grant university, UT fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement. The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 150 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One Stop Student Services, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, EM Communications, and Research & Analytics. EEO/AA Statement /Non-Discrimination Statement The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.